Forum Discussion

lakshmi0902
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Test Complete Object Browser

Hi,

In Object browser, the class names are showing different. This is happening in different machines. This is becoming difficult while recognizing/finding the primary/parent objects itself in the object browser.

Please find two different screen shots of the same windows application how it is showing up with the different class names.

Lakshmi

8 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    It looks like ".NET Open Application Support" plugin isn't enabled on the second PC.

Please enable it and controls will be recognized equally
    lakshmi0902
    Occasional Contributor
    Please let me know how do i enable the plugin...i had searched in Tool>>Options and default props...i could not get any clue...

Lakshmi
    karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    File -> Install Extension. Make sure that checkbox is enabled for ".NET...." plugin (see attachment).

• Hi Lakshmi,

Was Gennadiy right about the disabled plug-in? If the plug-in is enabled, but the problem still persists, it seems that you've faced a known issue related to several Windows, MS Visual Studio, or .NET framework updates. We have created a patch for this TC 7.52 problem.

The situation is fixed in TestComplete 8. So, you can either try using the current version of the product, or get in touch with us via the Contact Support web form. We'll provide you with a fix for TestComplete 7.52. In your message, let us know the edition of the product (Standard or Enterprise) and the bitness of the problematic machine.

lakshmi0902
    Occasional Contributor
    Hey Thanks Allen, I got a great support from this portal. Definitely I would get back to you if i would require the current version.

Thanks

Lakshmi
  • Hi all,

I've this problem on Object Browser with Test Complete 9.0 :

- I've written a lot of automated scripts for a tool with Test Complete 6.0

- I've installed Test Complete 9.0

- When I've tried to run the scripts, I've received a lot of errors about "Object not found"

- I've done a check on Object Browser and I've seen that the paths of all tool's objects are now different (in attachment what I see on Object Browser in TC6 and in TC9 for the same window of my tool)

Why the paths are changed? Is there some option to set up?

Someone can help me before I modify my libreries?

Thanks a lot,

Ilan