Forum Discussion

lakshmi0902
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Extended Properties

Hi,

Few extended properties and methods-actions for a tool bar strip object are missing.

For
the same object, I was able to see these props and methods last week.
(Eg of properties are wButtonCount; ClickItem; CheckItem ...)

Not sure why this is showing.

I
checked the same on my server machine located in US. In that machine
all these properties are showing up. Also, script is written basing on
these properties and methods too. Earlier i was able to execute it
properly, but not now.

PF two different scree shots of my local machine and remote server machine of explained scenario.

Please help me on this.

8 Replies

• Hi,

Set up Object Mapping for the target object correctly (see the Object Mapping help topic). Add your object's class to the same OM group as on the machine where you see extended properties.
    lakshmi0902
    Occasional Contributor
    Oh, wow, great!

This supported my work a lot! Thanks a lot for helping me in this issue!

:) Lakshmi
    lakshmi0902
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Once after i did the settings in "Default Project Properties", I was able to resolve the issue and also was able to see the list of properties of a particular object. (Refer Props attached)

But, now I am not able to highlight any of the other objects in the application, when I select an option for highlight the paticular object, it is showing a message (Refer Error-message attached)

Please help me on this too.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

• Hi,

1. You need to change the settings in your project, not in the default project properties.

2. The message you get is shown for a non-visual object which TC shouldn't be able to highlight. Do you get the same message when trying to highlight a button or an application form?

lakshmi0902
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

As your first point suggests, I am not supposed to change the settings in default project properties. You say to change the setting in the project. Can you suggest me how do/where do I do the same?

Also, this highlight message is showing only when i do the setting changes in default project properties. If i don do any changes for this particular *TreeView* control, everything is hilighting but the extended properties for this toolStrip object is not showing.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

• Hi,

Project options are located in the project editor (see the Project Editor help topic). As for highlighting objects, how are you doing this exactly (Object Browser/Name Mapping)? What exact objects are you trying to highlight?

lakshmi0902
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Project options are located in the project editor (see the Project Editor help topic). As for highlighting objects, how are you doing this exactly (Object Browser/Name Mapping)? What exact objects are you trying to highlight? 

As suggested, I had tried with project properties as well. I could not get any positive result.

I am trying to highlight toolStrip Object as shown in "Object-ToolStrip.JPG" file.

Please find all the attachments for the same.

Lakshmi

• Hi,

Can you capture this object with the Object Spy? Also, it looks like you should highlight this object's parent, not the object itself.